Winter Faire – Saturday, December 2nd.
We’re currently looking for volunteers for the following:
- Help with building our Library– The Library Committee is pleased to announce that we have received a large quantity of books and supplies! We also have library software. We now have a lot of work to do! We need help putting protective covers on books and getting the books entered into our library system. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. To volunteer or to get more information contact the Library Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Winter Faire! Winter Faire is a fun community event that requires many hands to make the event a success. If you are interested in helping organize Winter Faire, please contact Annielaurie Mozee (Festivals Chair): email@example.com
- Winter Faire crafting sessions: Days and times to be announced. A group of parents will gather together to work on craft projects that need to be completed for Winter Faire. Come join us- help make Winter Faire a success, expand your crafting skills, and get to know some members of your school community!
Committees are formed to address current needs. Members of the council choose the committee/committees they want to work on.
“We believe everyone in the community has a gift to offer. We encourage participation on whatever level people are able to contribute. We want to help parents find a place that gives them joy and is sustaining for them.” -AWSNA site
Current Working Committees:
- Parent Reps – Classroom Representatives, selected by the teacher of each respective class, will be the liaison between the Parent Council, the class teacher, and the parents within that class. Reps will bring pertinent Parent Council information back to the teacher and parents, as well as relay any classroom needs, concerns, and volunteer opportunities/needs to the Parent Council. There can be up to two parent reps per classroom, and there is no limit to how long a parent can serve as parent rep for the classroom. This is decided by the teacher and parent rep. Chair: Annielaurie Mozee firstname.lastname@example.org
- Communications – Facilitate and assist with communication within our community to ensure that all families receive pertinent information and volunteer opportunities are shared so needs are fulfilled. A Volunteer Liaison will be elected from within the committee so that the Classroom Reps, Committee Chairs, etc. have a single person that is responsible for relaying volunteer needs to the community at large. The Committee’s functions may include but are not limited to supplying articles for the school newsletter, provide support to the school Volunteer Coordinator and Program Coordinator, and maintaining and updating the Parent Council page of the MSCS website. Chair: Denise Mills email@example.com
- Festivals – Committee organizes upcoming community festivals such as Winter Faire and May Faire. Festivals Co-Chairs: Annielaurie Mozee & Cambria Milner firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fundraising – Working with the PC Treasurer, the Fundraising Committee plans and executes fundraisers to support the mission of the Parent Council. Chair: Maggi Bradle & Holly Sucharski email@example.com
- Hospitality – Creates a welcoming and supportive atmosphere, which may include, but is not limited to, welcoming new families to the community, providing a point of contact for Kindergarten and First Grade families at the beginning of the year, hosting a back to school tea, coordinating refreshments for Staff Meetings and special occasions, and coordinating teacher appreciation week. Chairs: Amber-joy Abeyta-Tacey & Jayme Marquez firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health & Wellness – Works to educate and support the community as we live out the Waldorf culture, which includes the media policy, food program, and dress code. This may include providing educational pieces for the PC meetings, sponsoring classes and clubs supporting a healthy lifestyle, etc. Chair: Holly Sucharski email@example.com
- Library – Provides ongoing support for the school library. With the library still in its infancy, the committee’s responsibilities will evolve over time but in the short term may include organizing the library inventory, scanning the books into the system, and hosting a library fundraiser. Chairs: Maggi Bradle, Laura Rocca & Grian McFadden firstname.lastname@example.org