SCHOOL YEAR 2018/2019:
Step 1: New families interested in enrolling their children in the Homeschool Enrichment Program (Grades 1-8) or the regular classes (Kindergarten – Grade 8) in the Fall 2018 must submit a SY18-19 Intent to Enroll form to place their children in the enrollment lottery. The lottery will occur at 6:00 pm on March 6, 2018. After the lottery, families will be notified of their children’s placement in the classroom or on the wait list.
*We highly recommend that kindergarten children are 5 years old by June 1st of their enrolling year and that 1st grade students are closer to 7 years old before entering 1st grade. Some children turning 5 between June 2nd and October 1st may be ready for kindergarten. As a Colorado State Charter we are required to consider ‘early admittance’ of kindergarten children who would be enrolling at the age of 4 years old . This is based on multiple criteria including cognitive abilities and testing is required at the parent’s expense. Early access decisions will be a consensus process within the school determination team, for more information please contact the school Director.
Step 2: Sign up for upcoming information sessions and school tours. To RSVP for a school information session, please click on one of the links below:
Parent Information Sessions:
- Kindergarten Information Session on April 3, 2018 at 6:00 pm www.SignUpGenius.com/go/30E0F4DACAB22ABFD0-kindergarten2
- Homeschool Information Session on May 2, 2018 at 6:00 pm www.SignUpGenius.com/go/30E0F4DACAB22ABFD0-homeschool1
If you would like to arrange an individual school tour, please contact our Registrar, Sarah White, at email@example.com. Individual school tours occur outside of the school day and are generally on Mondays or Fridays at 3:30 pm.
Families who do not attend a Parent Information Session must arrange a meeting with the Registrar prior to enrollment being confirmed.
Step 3: (ONLY FOR STUDENTS WHO HAVE BEEN OFFERED A SPOT OR RETURNING STUDENTS)
Register Student through Infinite Campus (IC) by clicking here (for families without internet access or an email, please contact Sarah White to schedule appointment to register at the school). Existing families can update their student’s information by logging into the IC Parent Portal and selecting “Online Registration” for the 2018-2019 school year. If you do not know your portal key, contact Sarah White at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Families with students with Individual Education Plans (IEPs) must submit a copy of the IEP and meet with the Special Education Team, the Director, and the prospective teacher before the student starts school. Please note that our Homeschool Enrichment Program does not offer Special Education services.
For access to the kiosk online registration, click here.
Step 4: If your child was selected in the enrollment lottery, you’ll be notified within two (2) days of the lottery and will be given three (3) days to confirm the spot. After confirmation is received, then families will receive an enrollment package with documentation due to the school by March 31st. All documents must be completed and returned to the school in order for enrollment to be complete.
- ADMISSION CHECKLIST
- NEW STUDENT ENROLLMENT FORM
- REQUEST FOR RECORDS
- FAMILY QUESTIONNAIRE
- PARENT AGREEMENT
- Homeschool Parent Agreement(for all Homeschool Enrichment Program Students)
- Certificate of Immunization* (to be provided by your pediatrician)
* Families who do not vaccinate their children because of medical or non-medical (personal or religious) reasons must submit an immunization waiver every year. The medical exemption form can be downloaded here. Non-medical exemption forms can be filled out online here and submitted directly to the Colorado Immunization Information System or printed and returned to the school. To download a PDF of the non-medical form, please click here. For more information about Colorado immunization requirements, facts, and forms, please visit the Colorado Department of Health and Environment website found here.
All new and returning families need to provide the following forms yearly to the front office:
- Economic Data Survey
- Student Health Form
- STUDENT EMERGENCY CONTACT
- PARENT AGREEMENT
- Annual Field Trip Permission Slip
- Media Release Form
- Revised Supply Fee Form SY18-19
Reference Materials for Families:
- Revised_MSCS Parent Handbook 2017-2018
- MSCS 2018-2019 School Calendar
- Revised Home School Calendar-2018-2019
- Susan R. Johnson, MD article re early education
- Early Childhood Curriculum
- MSCS Home School Calendar 2017 – 2018
- Core Principles from the Alliance of Public Waldorf Schools