General Purpose – The Development Committee is commissioned by and responsible to the Board to assume the primary responsibility for raising funds to support the organization’s mission.
Appointments and Composition
- Appointments of the Chair and members of the Development Committee shall be made annually by the Chair of the Board with the advice and consent of the Board in accordance with the Bylaws.
- The Chair of this committee shall be a member of the Board.
- Additional committee members may be appointed and need not be members of the Board.
- Develop annual and multi-year fundraising plans that will generate the funds needed to meet the non-public and fundraising goal.
- Coordinate the implementation of the fundraising plan with fundraising efforts by senior staff and other volunteers.
- Develop the necessary sub-committee systems to successfully carry out the fundraising events and activities that are part of the annual fundraising plan; supervise the functions of the sub-committees.
- Develop a plan for involving all Board members in the resource development activities of the organization.
- Arrange for Board training on development issues, as needed.
- Create specific measurable Board-level goals for the year as part of the full Board planning process.
- Report to the Board at regular meetings of the Board in a manner determined by the Board.
- Annually evaluate its work as a committee and the objectives it has committed itself to and report on same to the Board.
Development Committee Documents
Development Committee Agenda – September 10, 2020, 5:30 p.m.
Development Committee Agenda – September 21, 2020, 5:30 p.m.