SCHOOL YEAR 2017/2018:
Step 1: New families interested in enrolling their children in the Homeschool Enrichment Program (Grades 1-8) or the regular classes (Kindergarten – Grade 8) in the Fall 2017 must submit a SY17-18 Intent to Enroll form to place their children in the enrollment lottery. The lottery will occur at 6:00 pm on March 7, 2017. After the lottery, families will be notified of their children’s placement in the classroom or on the wait list.
Families with students with Individual Education Plans (IEPs) must submit a copy of the IEP and meet with the Special Education Team, the Director, and the prospective teacher prior to enrollment being confirmed. Please note that our Homeschool Enrichment Program does not offer Special Education services.
*We highly recommend that kindergarten children are 5 years old by June 1st of their enrolling year and that 1st grade students are closer to 7 years old before entering 1st grade. Some children turning 5 between June 2nd and October 1st may be ready for kindergarten. As a Colorado State Charter we are required to consider ‘early admittance’ of kindergarten children who would be enrolling at the age of 4 years old . This is based on multiple criteria including cognitive abilities and testing is required at the parent’s expense. Early access decisions will be a consensus process within the school determination team, for more information please contact the school Director.
Step 2: Sign up for upcoming information sessions and school tours. To RSVP for a school information session, please click on one of the links below:
School Tours and Information Sessions:
- January 13, 2017 from 9:00 am – 10:30 am www.SignUpGenius.com/go/30E0F4DACAB22ABFD0-school
- January 21, 2017 from 10:00 am – 11:30 am www.SignUpGenius.com/go/30E0F4DACAB22ABFD0-school2
- February 3, 2017 from 9:00 am – 10:30 am www.SignUpGenius.com/go/30E0F4DACAB22ABFD0-school1
Parent Information Session about Waldorf Education:
- February 9, 2017 from 6:30 – 7:30 pm www.SignUpGenius.com/go/30E0F4DACAB22ABFD0-introduction
- Homeschool Information Session – April 19, 2017 from 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm www.SignUpGenius.com/go/30E0F4DACAB22ABFD0-homeschool
If you are unable to attend one of the above listed dates and would like to arrange an individual school tour, please contact our Registrar, Sarah White, at email@example.com.
Step 3: (ONLY FOR STUDENTS WHO HAVE BEEN OFFERED A SPOT OR RETURNING STUDENTS)
Register Student through Infinite Campus (IC) by clicking here (for families without internet access or an email, please contact Sarah White to schedule appointment to register at the school). Existing families can update their student’s information by logging into the IC Parent Portal and selecting “Online Registration” for the 2017-2018 school year. If you do not know your portal key, contact Sarah White at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For access to the kiosk online registration, click here.
Step 4: Submit the following documentation to the Registrar.
- NEW STUDENT ENROLLMENT FORM(required for new students)
- Request for Records (required for new students)
- Family Questionnaire (required for new students)
- Parent Partnership Agreement (required for new students)
- Economic Data Survey 17-18 (required for all students)
- Certificate of Immunization (required for all students; for families who have medical or non-medical exemptions, please see information below)*
- Media Release Form SY17-18 (required for all new and returning students)
- Supply Fee Form (required for all new and returning students)
- Health Survey (for returning families)
- Student Emergency Contact After School Release Form (for all new and returning students)
Reference Materials for Families:
* Families who do not vaccinate their children because of medical or non-medical (personal or religious) reasons must submit an immunization waiver every year. The medical exemption form can be downloaded here. Non-medical exemption forms can be filled out online here and submitted directly to the Colorado Immunization Information System or printed and returned to the school. To download a PDF of the non-medical form, please click here. For more information about Colorado immunization requirements, facts, and forms, please visit the Colorado Department of Health and Environment website found here.